Friday, October 29, 2010

Bummed

What started at the beginning of the week as a stuffy nose and dry throat has turned into a really bad sore throat.  So bad, that we had to cancel our plans to Nashville, bummed!  I gargled salt water, drank hot tea and kept hoping it would get better, but it hasn't.  As much as we were all looking forward to spending the weekend (especially Halloween weekend) with the Cliffords we didn't want to get any of them sick, but especially little Merritt who is only 4 mths old.  After dropping Isaac off at preschool this morning Hayden and I went by the take care clinic at Walgreeens.  I prayed that there wouldn't be a lot of people there so we could get in quickly.  We walked into Walgreens and over to the clinic and there was no one there, yay!  When the Dr. looked at my throat she commented on how red it was.  She really emphasized how red it was and some how I felt justified for just how crummy I have been feeling.  Unfortunately though she said it was viral and that antibiotics wouldn't help.  She did say that she would give me something to gargle to help with the pain.  That made me happy, but when I got home and measured out a tsp as the directions said I was surprised to find that it was as thick as honey.  The directions didn't say anything about diluting it so I thought okay, here it goes.  It was impossible to gargle and just made my mouth feel a little numb so I called the pharmacy and they said that I could mix it with water.  They should really put that on the directions!  Anyways, I tried it again with water, but it didn't help very much, disappointment.  Angela and I talked and as much as we wanted to be together and knew the kids were looking forward to it we agreed that it was for the best.  We dreaded telling the kids.
Even though I wasn't feeling well Hayden I headed back to Isaac's school after Hayden took a nap.  They had a fall festival today and parents and siblings were invited to attend.  They had games and crafts for the children to do and each child could pick out a small pumpkin.  Terry was able to come home a little early today and then I took a much needed nap.  This evening Terry and the boys went and picked up dinner.  I also had him stop by Wendys and to get me a Frosty for my throast.  I was just following doctors orders :)  No really, she said that something cold like ice cream would soothe my throat.  Well, I am going to end this for now and hope that I am able to write more up beat posts in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment