Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sipping Hot Tea with Honey

I am sipping hot tea with honey as I type hoping that this cold and sore throat don't stay around for long.  I could tell the boys and I were getting colds when we all started sniffling over the weekend.  Then Sunday I woke up with a sore throat and I knew it was hitting me full force.  I am hoping that our colds do not get worse or last long because we are planning to go to Nashville this weekend.  We debated whether to stay here for Halloween since our church is having their trunk or treat on Halloween day this year (something that Isaac has enjoyed every year) or to spend Halloween with Angela and her family as we did last year.  As usual family time won out.  Kate, Harrison, and Isaac love spending time together (Merritt and Hayden love tagging along as well).  It is such a blessing that our kids are close in age, don't live too far away, and get along so well.  Terry, myself, Angela, and William always have a good time together as well.

Today the boys went to Tori's and I went to work.  This morning was a little chaotic as it always is as I fed Hayden breakfast, got myself ready for work, gathered up all our stuff, and got the boys in the car.  I usually get the diaper bag packed and lunches made the night before, but most Tuesday mornings I am finishing up their lunches by putting a couple more things in their lunch bag.  This morning I thought I was doing good because everything that needed to be in their lunch bag was already packed.  I didn't need to take it out of the fridge and put anything else in.  Well, the problem was just that, I didn't need to put anything else in it so I never took it out of the fridge!  I realized that it was still in the fridge when I was half way to Tori's, ugh!  I couldn't believe I had forgotten something so important.  Thankfully Tori said she had plenty of things that they could eat and would be happy to make their lunches.  I am very thankful for Tori.  When April told me that she would not be able to watch the boys this school year I didn't know what I was going to do.  A lady from church offered, but it just didn't seem to be a good fit and ended up not working out for her.  When I announced that we needed to find a babysitter just 5 weeks before I had to go back to work in August I prayed that the right person would come along and she did!  Tori is definitely an answered prayer and has been wonderful with the boys!  Today they made rice krispie treats and cut them into pumpkin shapes.  After I picked the boys up from Tori's Terry took Isaac to swim lessons.  Isaac loves the water and Terry taught him a lot this summer.  He really amazed me!  By the end of the summer he didn't want to wear his swim vest, would jump off the diving board, and would swim underwater after a toy that had been thrown.  Since he loves swimming so much we thought we would continue his desire to be a good swimmer with lessons.  During his first lesson his teacher called him a little fish.  After dinner Terry raked leaves for the boys to jump in.  I have a few pictures that I will have to post later (it is getting late).  Just another day in the life of the Beasleys!  I feel blessed.





1 comment:

  1. Hey! I'm your first follower! I started mine too but still haven't gotten over the cold feet of actually sharing it. :O I hope you get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete