Sunday, November 21, 2010

Recap of the week

I need to find time to write more often.  I really want to capture our daily life and reflect on as many moments as possible.  The problem is finding the time and the energy.  There are usually so many things that I want to get done during the day that I put off writing until the boys are in bed.  By the time the boys are in bed I either have things that I still want to get done before I go to bed and/or I don't have the energy to write.  I enjoy writing, but it is a process for me that takes time to think through.  Enough ramblings about that.
This past week was a good week, but difficult because Hayden has been sick since Tuesday and Isaac also had a day on Wednesday that he ran a low fever and wasn't feeling well.  Hayden really started having a yucky nose on Monday, but by Tuesday he was definitely sick.  Tori said he had a hard day and was just coughing and puny.  Wednesday morning Isaac woke up and felt warm and complained of his head hurting which he never does so I knew something was up.  I took his temperature and it was 100. something so I decided to keep him home from school.  Throughout the day he ran a low fever between 100  and 101 and complained of his arm and leg hurting.  I guess he was just achy from the fever.  Hayden continued to cough and have a yucky nose and ran a fever at about 100.  Since the boys both had a low fever I decided that I better stay home from work on Thursday.  Thursday Isaac wasn't quite 100%, but he was much better.  Neither one of them ran a fever, but Hayden was still coughing.  I debated and debated about whether to take Hayden to the doctor.  I have this debate with myself every time the boys are sick!  I know that it is probably just a cold that has to run its course, but then again I don't know for sure and question whether it could also be an ear infection or something else that is treatable.  I just hate feeling like I can't do anything to help them to feel better and if there is even a slight chance that something can be done I want to take them in.  Well, Thursday morning I made an appointment for Hayden for 11:30 and then at 10:00 I cancelled it because I had decided that it was probably just a cold that they couldn't do anything for and he had been acting better as the morning went on.  Well, when he woke up from his nap at 11:00 he seemed worse!  I decided I would just wait and see how he was before thinking about making another appt.  I decided to take the boys to Discover Mills Mall because I just needed to get out of the house.  I don't know if that was the best thing to do, but I decided that since they weren't running fevers and weren't going to be interacting with other kids it would be okay.  Since Hayden wasn't getting any better and if anything seemed worse I took him to the doctor on Friday.  Before going to the doctor though we stopped at Isaac's preschool for their Thanksgiving lunch.  Again I debated about whether to do this since Hayden had a pretty nasty cough, but didn't want to not be there for Isaac and decided I would keep Hayden in his stroller.  Isaac seemed happy to see us and we enjoyed having lunch together.   Then Hayden and I dashed off to the doctor which luckily is just down the street from Isaac's preschool.  As I originally suspected, the nurse practitioner said that Hayden had a cold that just needed to run its course.  She said he didn't have an ear infection and his lungs were clear.  I was thankful that he was okay, but not happy that there wasn't much I could do to help him feel better.  Saturday morning Isaac and Terry made their weekly run to Walmart and went to SAMS as well.  Have I mentioned that I love that they do the weekly grocery shopping each Saturday?  While Hayden took his morning nap I started cleaning out the van.  I got some junk cleaned out, but I didn't get a chance to finish before Hayden woke up.  He hasn't been napping long because his coughing wakes him up.  The rest of my day consisted of cooking.  Our Bible class had a potluck after church this morning so Saturday I made a macaroni salad and an apple caramel cake.  Then I made a lasagna for dinner.
Okay, so now we are up to date.  We took Hayden to Bible class with us this morning because I didn't want him to cough on all the other little ones.  He and I sat in the back while Terry taught and he was pretty good. He wasn't loud, but he just never stopped moving!  He is a very active little boy even when he doesn't feel well!  After church our class had a potluck.  I always enjoy potlucks however it was a little bit of a struggle with Hayden not feeling well and being tired by this time.  Hayden had woken up a couple times in the middle of the night so I was tired as well.  So, on the way home I told Terry and the boys that I wanted a long nap for my birthday and that is just what I did. As soon as we got home Terry took the boys outside and I laid down.    It is very unusual that I take a long nap and it was very nice!  After dinner we went to PF Changs for my birthday.  I love their calamari, the honey shrimp, and the banana spring rolls for dessert!  Hayden was fussy at times, but Terry was sweet and took both boys outside towards the end of the meal so I could have some peace and quiet and order dessert.  Once we got home Terry and the boys gave me a card with a homemade gift card in it good as any store.  Gotta love that!  It was a good birthday.
So, this past week wasn't real exciting and it has been difficult at times because Hayden doesn't feel well and it shows!  But this week is going to be wonderful!  Hayden I'm sure will start to feel better, Terry and I have the whole week off from work, and mom and dad and the Cliffords are coming Wednesday for Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment