Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hayden's words & Rockets

Hayden will be 17 mths old in two days and still has a very limited vocabulary.  What he can say is mama, dada, and uh-oh.  He also says Isaac, but I don't know if anyone that didn't know us would know what he was saying.  He can also tell you what a sheep says and what a dog says, but I guess those aren't technically words.   He is pretty good at saying the beginning sounds of words.  If you tell him to day ball, he will say ba, or dog is da, but I am pretty conservative when I count the actual number of words he can say.  I don't want to rush time because I know that before I know it he will be asking to borrow the car, but we are all getting a little eager for him to learn at least a few words.  There is mutual frustration when he can't express what he wants, doesn't want, or how he feels.  His frustration is expressed in quite the loud scream at times.  When I got home from work today I was quite surprised to find out that he had said two words together!  Tori's mom stopped over and when Tori saw her mom at the door she said "Tessa's nana is here!"  and Hayden said "Tessa's nana".  We tried to get him to say it again, but of course he wouldn't.  I was sorry that I missed it, but was glad to hear that he is starting to say more words.

One of our weekly traditions is to go out to eat before church on Wednesday nights.  Nothing fancy, just fast food, but it is one less night that I have to cook and it is convenient.  Terry usually works late on Wednesdays and then meets us somewhere.  We take turns picking the restaurant.  Terry's back and shoulder have been bothering him lately and he recently felt a knot in his back so he decided to go to a chiropractor.  The appointment wasn't until 5:00 and took awhile so he wasn't able to meet us tonight.  It was my turn to pick the restaurant tonight and I picked McDonalds so that the boys could play before we ate.  On the way there Isaac pointed to the sky and said  "Look Mom, a Rocket!"  I told him that I thought it was a plane, but he assured me it was a rocket.  I decided not to argue with him.  I thought he's a 3 yr old little boy, of course that's a rocket and how fun that is!    As we drove along he saw more and more and kept pointing them out, so excited and I got excited with him. :)

Isaac's wheels are always spinning, he is always thinking about something and I love that about him!  Just as I was starting to write this blog entry he came into our room (Terry had just put him to bed about 10 minutes prior) and said "When you eat fish, what about their eyes?"  I explained that you don't eat the eyes and he then responded "So, do you just throw them back in the water?"  As much as I wanted him to get back in bed and go to sleep I couldn't help but smile at his questions.  I wonder why he started thinking about fish?  So many things to ponder, I hope he never stops!

No comments:

Post a Comment